Why do I need an annual boiler service?
You should get your boiler serviced regularly to make sure that it’s working correctly. A faulty boiler could cost you money on energy bills and might even start leaking poisonous carbon monoxide.
Because the gas is colourless and scentless, it’s very hard to tell if one of your appliances starts leaking carbon monoxide – so you should get them serviced by a Gas Safe Registered engineer once a year.
What happens during the service?
• Inspect your boiler and controls to make sure they’re working properly
• Check your boiler for corrosion and leaks
• Take off the casing of your boiler to inspect the main components
• Check the gas pressure
• Test the flue to make sure it’s not emitting any unsafe fumes
• Clean the parts (if tests indicate they need it)
• Pop the casing back on and check the seals
• Leave you with a checklist of information about your boiler’s safety
Yearly maintenance contracts are available, please contact us for more information.